Tuesday 4 February 2014

Shutter speeds outside

Yesterday I went out to experiment more with shutter speeds, shooting down by the river, and I found that I needed to change the ISO to get better results.  I wanted to shoot the water flowing over some rocks.  I found that I had a reasonable result with the shutter speed at 1/1500th - but there was a big difference between the results before and after changing the ISO.
first try, shutter speed 1/500th, ISO 100

This was of course too dark.  So I changed the ISO to 800.
2nd try, shutter speed 1/500th, ISO 800
Better, but still a bit dim.  So the ISO went to 1600.
3rd try, shutter speed 1/500th, ISO 1600
That gave me an image true to the early evening light at the time.

I did go on to increase the shutter speed to 1,000 and 2,000, but that is another story.



No comments:

Post a Comment